Had some croutons, a tangerine, and some red beet micro-greens. There’s some frisee below and slivered almonds sprinkled on top. The touch of rosemary with an orange vinaigrette rounded out the flavors, reigning in some of the citrus bite. Citrus can really brighten a winter cloudy afternoon. Especially when you had your heart set on an early spring and it’s 18 degrees out.
- 1 tangerine, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- Pinch smoked paprika, optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 1 small head frisse, washed and separated
- 16 black olives
- 2 cups rosemary olive oil croutons
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup micro-greens
- Stir the tangerine juice and zest, shallot, paprika, salt, and pepper together in a small mixing bowl. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. The acid of the tangerine mellows the sharpness of the shallot. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking continuously until thickened and emulsified.
- Assemble the salad and drizzle with vinaigrette dressing. Serve cold.
Think Spring, guys.