Tabouli with Figs, Almonds, Orange, Parsley, and Ginger
Recipe By: Sheila McDuffie
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1½ cups tabouli (cracked bulgar)
- 1½ cups boiling hot water
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 6 figs, cut in 8 pieces each
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Place the tabouli and and water in a large bowl and allow to come to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Add the parsley, figs, almonds, and crystallized ginger.
- Whisk together the olive oil, orange zest and juice, salt, allspice, and cloves.
- Pour over the tabouli and stir to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Delicious and so easy! No figs? Add dried dates or roasted vegetables.