No waxing poetic or wondering how long I’ll last until breaking down from any resolutions made during a confident and optimistic mood somewhere towards the end of December.
Let’s not tax ourselves – we’ll just whip out this citrus and pomegranate salad to show everyone how brilliant we are with our dietary choices.
Quick, seasonal, easy, healthy – yes – this baby has it all. It’s going to be a great year!
- 1 to 2 Satsuma oranges per person, thinly sliced and peeled
- Handful of arugula or other fresh greens
- 1 shallot or scallion, thinly sliced
- ½ pomegranate, seeded
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of orange juice
- Pinch sea salt
- Arrange the arugula on a plate. Artistically arrange the orange slices on top. Scatter with shallot, pomegranate seeds, olive oil, orenge juice, and salt. Serve cold.
Happy New year to all of you, my dear friends.