This is the actual yellow of these Key limes.
- 12 Key limes or 8 limes, cut up into 6 pieces each
- 1 3-inch stick cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek seed
- 3 small Kaffir lime leaves
- 3 small dried red pepper
- 1 cup Champagne vinegar
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Place the limes in a sterilized glass canning jar. Heat the cinnamon, coriander, mustard, cumin, fenugreek, lime leaves, and dried red pepper in a dry skillet, over medium-high heat until the spices are fragrant. remove from the heat and add the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- Return to the heat and warm gently. Do not boil. Pour over the limes, seal the jar, and cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 weeks before using.
Found some Thai peppers in the herb garden, all nicely sun-dried, and brought them indoors for my World Curries class this Saturday.
And the garlic is poking through the snow.
Served this pickle at the World Curries class and everyone hated it!!!. They’re a pretty sweet group, so I wasn’t surprised.
I bet my daughter Kendra would like them.