Another oldie, one of the most popular recipes from my Lebanese cooking class. This couldn’t be any simpler, just be sure to use the ripest peaches you can get your hands on.
I actually used this as a topping on a Victoria sponge for Kendra’s wedding cake, we just sliced the peaches and made a crumble topping before baking.
- 4 peaches, cut in half and pit removed
- ½ cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- 4 almond biscotti
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon rose blossom water
- Pinch cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place peaches in a baking tray.
- Grind all of the remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Stuff peaches and bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Serve immediately.
This filling would work with nectarines, too! The edible flowers are borage, rose petals, signet marigold, and variegated pineapple mint.